Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Leftover Solution #1

Okay, so I'm back. Well, not in full force as I intended, but I have been cooking. I thought this week I would post several leftover solutions that are just as yummy as the original dishes. A and I are really good at reinventing leftovers and we've been doing that for the past few days. Last night, we kicked off the holidays with a Thanksgiving style BBQ. What was the highlight you ask? It was Thanksgiving Feast Turkey Burgers with mashed sweet potatoes. This is a great recipe to use up leftover Thanksgiving stuffing and cranberry sauce, and it was mighty delicious too! (No picture for this one since we "gobbled" them up!)

Thanksgiving Feast Turkey Burgers with Cranberry Sauce

1 pound ground turkey
about 2 cups of leftover Thanksgiving stuffing (mine had apples, sausage, and walnuts!)
1 egg
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tbsp steak seasoning mix (if you have it on hand...if not, just add a touch of garlic powder and onion powder)
2-3 splashes of worcestershire sauce
a few dashes of salt and pepper

Form into burgers and grill them up. Top with cranberry sauce, lettuce, onion, and serve...trust me, sooooo good! For the more daring- top with mashed sweet potatoes so you have them IN your burger.

No comments: