Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Preggers Blueberry Muffins

I'm back...sort of!

Sorry I've been away. I've got a bucket of excuses, including the baby I'm growing and just being busy from work, but I'll just say that I will try my best to update this more often. I had good intentions when I posted last, but trying to keep up with two blogs is getting more difficult. I can only imagine how hard it will be when our little one comes in May!

Well, I really haven't been cooking much so there hasn't been much to post. Thus, when I got myself into the kitchen to make these muffins, I thought I should post it. I had a HUGE craving for blueberry muffins, and by luck I had a carton of blueberries in the refrigerator. This recipe was so easy and quick to make, and the muffins were VERY good!

I have a few more recipes from the last few months that I will try and post soon.


Blueberry Muffins
from The Gourmet Cookbook

Makes 12 muffins

3/4 stick (6 tbsp) of unsalted butter
1/3 cup milk
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
2 cups (12 oz.) blueberries

For Topping:

3 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 in cubes
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 1/3 tbsp sugar

To make batter:
Preheat oven 375 degrees.

Melt butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Then remove from heat. Whisk in milk, egg, yolk, and vanilla until well combined.

In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk mixture and stir just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries.

Divide batter into 12 muffin cups.

Topping:

Prior to baking, combine all topping ingredients in a bowl and rub together with fingertips until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over batter in cups.

Bake until golden and crisp and wooden pick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean- 18 to 20 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Deb these look awesome! I'm going to have to try this recipe! I went to the produce market on Saturday and they were all out of blueberries :( Hopefully they'll have more this week!