Sunday, January 20, 2008

Why I've Been Such a Culinary Dud

Let me tell you, Internet, what I've been up to so I can explain my lack of recipe postings. It is the start of a new year and my I'm-turning-30-this-year crisis is in full swing. Up until now, I've been really fine with the age thing. I still have my looks (or rather still get carded for drinks at bars) and get mistaken for being in college. So, that isn't the problem really. It's more that I'm almost 30 and feel like I don't have much to show for it. I do have a career (check); I am married (check); I have a house (check). See- this is what I do on a weekly basis to assure myself that I am ready to turn 30. My life is in a semi-chaotic order for 30. 30 is the new twenty. Ah...I digress...but, now you can see what is going on in this head of mine. I'm not thinking about what fabulous recipes I can cook, but rather going through neurotic conversations with myself.

Now, on top of all the neurotic-ism, I have been busy with other things too. I've had visits from friends, weekend trips, hosting holidays. I'm also now mulling over a new business venture with some great girlfriends, which will hopefully be starting soon. (I'll post more about this when I have more information.) But, speaking of these fabulous girlfriends, they will be guest bloggers on this site so I can spread the cooking/ recipe love. They have given me such great recipes in the past that I told them they must be a part of this. So, there's stuff to look forward to, dear Internet. Food and life are headed your way!

PS- My neurotic-ism will probably turn itself into a new blog site...that I do know.

No comments: